Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Magician's Nephew


I've been a fan of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe since I first saw it on tv when I was quite young, but it was many years later that I found out it was just one from a series of books. Sad to say, I never read any of the Chronicles of Narnia...until now.  I just finished The Magician's Nephew, and really enjoyed it. 

It took me a little while to really get into the story, but I think that was because I went into it thinking this book would be about Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy.  The Magician's Nephew is about Professor Digory Kirke when he was a boy, his uncle Andrew Ketterley (a magician), the neighbor girl Polly, and the Queen of Charn named Jadis.

This is the story of Digory's curiosity and braveness, Andrew's deception and cowardice, and Polly's perserverence and compassion.  We are introduced to Aslan and get to watch as Narnia is born.  There were also two very important questions (to me) that were answered; Why do only some of the animals speak, and How did the White Witch find Narnia?





Up Next: Matterhorn

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin