Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

I debated for quite a while before finally picking up this book the other day at Walmart.  I've read the entire Twilight series three times, so I thought I had everything figured out and didn't think this book could possibly add anything to the series.  You'd think I would have learned my lesson after reading Midnight Sun.

I was able to start and finished The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner in a single morning, partly because it's not a long book (178 pages), but mostly because Stephenie Meyer's writing style is easy to read and she keeps me interested.

As I was reading Eclipse, I had my suspicions about Victoria and the Volturi, and this book confirmed those suspicions, which just gives me another reason to dislike those Italian vampires.  It's apparent that Edward is also suspicious of the Volturi's intentions when it comes to the Cullen clan.  And when Bree realizes her fate, she "tells" Edward everything she accidentally found out about the Volturi's visit to Victoria.

If you have read Eclipse, reading this novella is a lot like watching Titanic.  Ms. Meyer tells Bree's story in a way that makes you like the newborn vampire, and when Carlisle offers her a chance at a new life, you want her to join the Cullen clan.  So, even though you know exactly what is going to happen, it's still an upsetting shock when it does.

If you're a fan of the Twilight Saga, you owe it to yourself to read this little book.







Up Next:  The Ten-Mile Trials

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin