Monday, July 5, 2010

The Ten Mile Trials

I was at the library the other day, and happened across this book on the new arrivals rack. It has been a while since I've read a good mystery, so I thought I'd give it a try. After realizing that this was just the latest book in a series by Elizabeth Gunn, I found that my library did not carry the first book of the series, so decided to just start with this one.

The story is told from the view of Jake Hiines, a detective in Rutherford, Minnesota.  There has been a string of unusual burglaries in the small town just outside of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, and when a dead man is found in the garage of a drug house, Jake and his fellow officers find out that the men responsible for the crimes are part of a much larger group that has been hitting suburban towns all over the US.

It took me a while to get into the story (okay, I wasn't that interested until about half-way through), but I did eventually get to a point where it was kind of hard to put the book down.  I don't see this as a book that I'll read over and over again, but it has peaked my interest enough to make me want to read the rest of the series.




Up Next:  Covet




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin