Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Boarder

I added The Boarder to my list because the author was on our local morning news program, and she's from a town just 45 minutes from me.  I like to support my local artists and authors.

The story line is a good one.  It takes place in Lincoln, Nebraska, and is about a minister, Zeb, and his family.  Zeb and his wife, Annika, already have two children, one biological, and one they adopted, and are presented with the opportunity to adopt another child.

While Annika is hesitant about adding to their peaceful lives, Zeb pushes the adoption till she finally agrees to welcome Carl into their home and family.  Carl is a troubled boy with a troubled past, and an unknown future, who wreaks havoc on his adoptive family.

I found the concept interesting, although it was a little scary in parts, but I really don't care for Mrs. Ryan's writing style.


Up Next: Three to Get Deadly


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin