Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stephanie Plum Series: One For The Money (Book 1)


I admit, I almost took this series off my list. I mean, really.  A 30-year-old woman bounty hunter from Trenton, New Jersey?  Give me a break.  I could not find anything appealing about the way this series was described to me.  O. M. G.  (Yes, I think this is the first time I've ever "OMG'd", but you don't have to worry about it becoming a regular thing!)  This book is great!

One for the Money is the first in a series of books about 30-year-old Stephanie Plum.  Six months after losing her job, her car is repossessed, and she has sold almost all of her belongings to cover her food, rent, and a new (to her) car.  She's desperate for a job when she hears that her cousin Vinnie is looking for a new filing clerk at his bail bonds business.

Stephanie shows up just in time to find out that the filing position has been filled, so Vinnie's secretary suggests that Stephanie ask Vinnie for a position as a recovery agent.  One of the agents is out for a while, Stephanie is desperate for a job, and they need someone to cover the extra files.  After blackmailing Vinnie, he decides to give her one week to apprehend a man who is out on a $100,000 bond.

The man she is looking for is Joseph Morelli, a former "bad boy" from her childhood neighborhood, and a former cop who is accused of murdering and unarmed man.  The deeper she gets into the hunt, the more dangerous it becomes, until Morelli ends up protecting her from a crazy boxing champ, and she helps to clear his name.

I strongly recommend reading this book.  Even if the main plot doesn't sound appealing, Stephanie's Grandma Mazur appearances will make the book worth your time.  I. Love. Her.




Up Next: Two for the Dough


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin