Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gone to Green


Lois Barker is a journalist working for a Dayton newspaper.  When she inherits a newspaper in a small north-Louisiana town, she puts her life on hold for a year till she can sell that newspaper and return to Dayton.

I knew nothing about this series when I started reading Gone to Green.  I read it because amazon.com had offered the second book in the series for free on the Kindle, so I figured I may as well start at the beginning.

I had no idea what to expect, but I am so glad I decided to read it.  When I started, I was worried this would be the typical big city girl moves to a small country town story.  While that is the basis of the story line, the story itself is great.

Sometimes it's nice to be able to pick up a good book and get through it in a day or two without my neglected laundry and dishes taking over the whole house.  At less than 300 pages each, the Green books are perfect for curling up in my chair for a couple of hours and enjoy a good book.

I look forward to continuing this series.


1 comment:

  1. I love what I call "easy" books. By that I mean books I can actually leave for a second to have a real life. Very nice succinct review. I'm a fan of the less rambling the better. New GFC follower and my blog is about the darker side of literature. I'm at http://www.ragesexandteddybears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin